Were You Harmed by Syngenta GMO Corn Import Rejections?
Table of Contents
- 1 Were You Harmed by Syngenta GMO Corn Import Rejections?
- 1.1 We are Responsible for the Largest AG Settlement in History- $750 Million in Genetically Modified Rice Litigation (Mass Tort Settlement-TX, AR, LA, MS)
- 1.2 We Helped Secure the Largest Per Acre Verdict for Rice Farmer in Kyle v. Bayer CropScience LP
- 1.3 Our Farmers Awarded Nearly One Million Dollars in Sims v. Bayer CropScience LP
- 1.4 We Won the Largest Jury Verdict Ever Recorded in Arkansas – $136.8 Million in Riceland v. Bayer CropScience
- 1.5 Why Choose Us? Because We Are Different
- 1.6 Before you Choose Legal Representation, Give the Lawyer Test
- 1.7 We represent farmers in:
In 2010, Syngenta introduced and heavily marketed Agrisure Viptera (MIR612) GMO corn seeds to farmers claiming a trait in the plant produces a protein that wards off pests. However, Syngenta pushed the GMO seeds before obtaining approval from China, the largest importer of American corn. When China detected traces of MIR162 in U.S. corn shipments, they began rejecting all U.S. corn imports, even those that were not GMO’d, causing the U.S. corn market to sustain billions of dollars in losses, and a dramatic drop in corn prices that have affected thousands of American corn farmers, including those who did not grow the genetically modified strain.
We are a team of nationally recognized agricultural attorney who are ranked among the best in the country. But we’re also small town guys just like you, and we have the same values of honesty, integrity, and character that you live by everyday.
We know farming. We’ve been representing farmers in this type of litigation for more than 10 years, starting with the GMO Rice litigation that originated in Arkansas. In fact, Barry got the largest punitive damage verdict in Arkansas and our farmers got 50 million dollars more than everybody else. Why? Because we care about you and we fight for America’s farmers.
We are Responsible for the Largest AG Settlement in History- $750 Million in Genetically Modified Rice Litigation (Mass Tort Settlement-TX, AR, LA, MS)
Our team is responsible for the $750 million settlement for our farmers – the largest agricultural settlement in U.S. history for Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Texas farmers.
We Helped Secure the Largest Per Acre Verdict for Rice Farmer in Kyle v. Bayer CropScience LP
Martin Phipps represented a rice farmer who was negatively affected by GMO rice. Martin helped obtain the largest per acre verdict against Bayer, including punitive damages and an intentional finding.
Our Farmers Awarded Nearly One Million Dollars in Sims v. Bayer CropScience LP
Martin Phipps helped secure $946,000 for six Arkansas farmers, one of the top verdicts in all GMO rice litigation.
We Won the Largest Jury Verdict Ever Recorded in Arkansas – $136.8 Million in Riceland v. Bayer CropScience
Barry Deacon represented Riceland Foods and individual farmers against Bayer CropScience in GMO Rice litigation. As lead counsel, Barry helped obtain a $136.8-million-dollar verdict against Bayer, the largest jury verdict ever recorded in the state.
Why Choose Us? Because We Are Different
- We believe Syngenta must be held responsible for the damages they’ve caused
- We know how to fight against Goliaths like Syngenta and win.
- We’ve been involved in the case since the first shipment was rejected in Nov 2013
- We believe firmly that farmer cases should be tried in farmer towns, in small communities that understand farming. We are very proud to say that we’ve e found that place and its Marion Illinois, where we’ve been appointed lead counsel over all farmers across the state and our first trial is scheduled for early next year.
Before you Choose Legal Representation, Give the Lawyer Test
If you’re unsure who to hire, give the lawyer test. Ask them,
- Have you ever been on a combine?
- Do you know what an application rate is?
- Do you even know what a turn-row is?
But the bottom line is experience. Ask them they’ve ever tried a GMO crop contamination case. Because –
- We have
- We won,
- And we want to do that for you.
We represent farmers in:
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Our team of over 100 legal experts are working on this case around the clock and stand ready to answer your questions and help you cut through any red tape required to file a claim for the losses you have incurred.
Help us help you keep the American farming industry honest and fair. Let us fight for you.